Quality Management principals
Quality management at Insight SiP follows the eight principles of ISO9001. These principles are used daily on an operation basis in order to guide our organization’s performance improvement.
They have been a basis of the sustained performance of the company which is celebrating in 2016 its 10 years anniversary.
Our organization’s objectives are linked to customer needs and expectations. Planning, designing, developing, producing, delivering and supporting products and services to meet customer needs and expectations is clearly at the heart of what we do. Thanks to proactive relationship with our partners in different market segment and technologies, we do our best to understand customers’ current and further needs and expectations:
- They are integrated as soon as possible into in our company objectives
- They are communicated throughout our organization
Process and System Approach
- For each process
- Authority, responsibility and accountability are clearly defined
- Availability of necessary information to operate and improve the process and to monitor, analyze and evaluate the performance are ensured
- Organization’s capabilities, needed resources, interaction with other processes are regularly checked as well as the contribution to global organization’s quality objectives
- Management is achieved through PDCA (plan, do, control, act) approach
- Processes flow chart
- General and detailed design process
- Contract review
- Subcontracted production
- Standard Quality documentation and process
- Non conformity or Failure Report
For improvement of activities, the company is sharing information and expertise with relevant interested parties, also establishing collaborative development with technology partners. For technical collaboration, the importance of good relationships at all levels between the partner and company’s staff (Management, Technical, Commercial).
- Quarterly meeting with partners in order to discuss actual situation & further development
- Ongoing discussion on processes with lead manufacturers
- Quarterly Technical Board to discuss company objectives and further strategy & vision
Insight SIP manufacturing process is audited annually according to the following requirements
- ISO9000 standards and several certifications
- OHSAS18001 – Health and Safety management
- ISO13485 – Medical requirements
- AS3100 – Aerospace requirements
- QS9000 – Automotive requirements
Quality standards for products
- Bluetooth SIG
- CE – RF Directive 1999/5/EC
- FCC – RF Rule Parts 15C
- IC – RSS 210
- Telec – Radio Law Article 38-24
End of Life Policy & Procedure
Insight SIP is dedicated to providing the highest quality products and solutions of its valued customers. To ensure that the Insight SIP product can keep meeting market demand, Insight SIP may periodically announce that it is ceasing production of obsolete models. The following End of Life procedure has been created to inform customers of Insight SIP’s End of Life (EOL) Procedure regarding such models.
Stage 1: Periodic Product Review
Normally a product continues to be manufactured as long as all of the following are true:
- The manufacturing method is still available
- There are no replacement products
- There is demand for it in the market
Stage 2: Product Obsolescence
In case of obsolescence, Insight SiP follows Jedec Standard JSD-48.
A Product Discontinuation Notice (PDN) is sent to all distributors and is made available on our website.
After this, the procedure goes as follows:
- Last Order Date is 6 months after PDN is published
- Last Shipment Date is 6 months after Last Order Date, i.e. after PDN
Insight SiP’s products are designed and manufactured for general consumer applications, so testing and use of the product is conducted at customer’s own risk and responsibility. Please conduct validation and verification and sufficient reliability evaluation of the products in actual condition of mounting and operating environment before commercial shipment of the equipment. Please also pay attention to apply soldering method that do not deteriorate reliability, to minimize any mechanical vibration, shock, exposure to any static electricity, not to overstress the product during and after soldering process.
The products are not designed for use in any application which requires especially high reliability where malfunction of these products can reasonably be expected to result in personal injury or damage to the third party’s life, body or property, including and not limited to aircraft equipment, aerospace equipment, undersea equipment, power plant control equipment, disaster prevention / crime prevention equipment.
The only warranty that Insight SiP provides regarding the products is its conformance to specifications provided in datasheets. Insight SiP hereby disclaims all other warranties regarding the products, express or implied, including without limitation any warranty of fitness for a particular purpose, that they are defect-free, or against infringement of intellectual property rights. Insight SiP customers agree to indemnify and defend Insight SiP against all claims, damages, costs and expenses that may be incurred, including without any limitation, attorney fees and costs, due to the use of products.