Quality Management principals
Quality management at Insight SiP follows the eight principles of ISO900. These principles are used daily on an operation basis in order to guide our organization’s performance improvement. They have been a basis of the sustained performance of the company which is celebrating in 2016 its 10 years anniversary.
- Customer focus
- Engagement of people
- System approach
- Process approach
- Evidence-based decision making
- Relationship management
Our organization’s objectives are linked to customer needs and expectations. Planning, designing, developing, producing, delivering and supporting products and services to meet customer needs and expectations is clearly at the heart of what we do. Thanks to proactive relationship with our partners in different market segment and technologies, we do our best to understand customers’ current and further needs and expectations. They are integrated as soon as possible into in our company objectives and they are communicated throughout our organization.
- Quality of the service, responsiveness, support versus design,…
- Technical offering, expectation from the market, …
- Feasibility study ensure selection of preferred options, design cost, time scales
- Project reviews, analyze and measurement of customer satisfaction versus engagements taken in the feasibility phase, post project review to determinate if project achieved its goals
- Quarterly review with distribution network to learn about customer feedback
- Visits and conference calls with distributors to engage directly with customers: representative mix of customers made of tier 1 and new prospects
- Basic measurement of lead time and return
Leadership & Engagement of People
The leadership approach is sustained by the managing team as well as technology and project experts. Thanks to a comprehensive company vision and mission oriented to personal accountability and efficiency, the leaders act to provide people with the required resources, capabilities to reach company objectives. Leaders recognize people’s contribution and encourage them. On a daily basis, open discussions enable to share knowledge and experience, and encourage self-evaluation of performance. Regular meetings with the staff present organization results, share successes and give the opportunity to discuss issues, concerns and proposal for improvement.
Process and System Approach
For each process, the authority, responsibility and accountability are clearly defined. The availability of necessary information to operate and improve the process and to monitor, analyze and evaluate the performance are ensured through detailed processes flow chart and quality documentation and forms. Organization’s capabilities, needed resources, interaction with other processes are regularly checked as well as the contribution to global organization’s quality objectives. Management is achieved through PDCA (plan, do, control, act) approach.
Evidence-based decision & Improvement
Key indicators are set to measure and monitor the organization’s performance: they are analyzed on order to make decisions and take actions based on evidence and experience. All people are educated and trained by managers and leaders on how to apply basic tools and methodologies to achieve improvement of company objectives:
- Antenna range for RF Modules
- Reducing size to always be the smallest on the market
- Packaging optimization for smarter use
- Reliability – track and improve when defects identified
For improvement of activities, the company is sharing information and expertise with relevant interested parties, also establishing collaborative development with technology partners. For technical collaboration, the importance of good relationships at all levels between the partner and company’s staff (Management, Technical, Commercial).
- Quarterly meeting with partners in order to discuss actual situation & further development
- Ongoing discussion on processes with lead manufacturers
- Quarterly Technical Board to discuss company objectives and further strategy & vision
The manufacture of Bluetooth Low Energy modules is a complex process. The goal is to create a high-yield process where modules pass final acceptance testing. To overcome this, Insight SIP consistently implements a zero-defects and DRIFT (do-it-right-first-time) strategy. Insight SIP leverages predictive quality planning and monitoring of customer requirements, starting during the development phase. Quality is built in from the start. Insight SIP also carries out regular reviews of its tooling, and statistical processes to ensure the highest quality. Thanks to sophisticated traceability, Insight SIP is able to detect defects early in the manufacturing process to minimize consequences permanently.
The Insight SIP manufacturing process is audited annually according to the following requirements:
- ISO9000 standards and several certifications
- OHSAS18001 – Health and Safety management
- ISO13485 – Medical requirements
- AS3100 – Aerospace requirements
- QS9000 – Automotive requirements
Standards for Products
- Bluetooth SIG
- CE – RED Directive 2014/53/EU, ETSI EN 300.328
- FCC – RF Rule Parts 15C
- IC – RSS 247
- TELEC – Radio Law Article 38-6 & 38-24
- ROHS2 Certification
- REACH Declaration
- Conflict Mineral Policy
For each specific product, please refer to the Certifications section to get the list of downloadable certificates.
End of Life Policy & Procedure
Insight SIP is dedicated to providing the highest quality products and solutions of its valued customers. To ensure that the Insight SIP product can keep meeting market demand, Insight SIP may periodically announce that it is ceasing production of obsolete models. The following End of Life procedure has been created to inform customers of Insight SIP’s End of Life (EOL) Procedure regarding such models.
Normally a product continues to be manufactured as long as all of the following are true:
- The manufacturing method is still available
- There are no replacement products
- There is demand for it in the market
In case of obsolescence, Insight SiP follows Jedec Standard JSD-48. A Product Discontinuation Notice (PDN) is sent to all distributors and is made available on our website. After this, the procedure goes as follows:
- Last Order Date is 6 months after PDN is published
- Last Shipment Date is 6 months after Last Order Date, i.e. after PDN
Insight SiP’s products are designed and manufactured for general consumer applications, so testing and use of the product is conducted at customer’s own risk and responsibility. Please conduct validation and verification and sufficient reliability evaluation of the products in actual condition of mounting and operating environment before commercial shipment of the equipment. Please also pay attention to apply soldering method that do not deteriorate reliability, to minimize any mechanical vibration, shock, exposure to any static electricity, not to overstress the product during and after soldering process.
The products are not designed for use in any application which requires especially high reliability where malfunction of these products can reasonably be expected to result in personal injury or damage to the third party’s life, body or property, including and not limited to aircraft equipment, aerospace equipment, undersea equipment, power plant control equipment, disaster prevention / crime prevention equipment.
The only warranty that Insight SiP provides regarding the products is its conformance to specifications provided in datasheets. Insight SiP hereby disclaims all other warranties regarding the products, express or implied, including without limitation any warranty of fitness for a particular purpose, that they are defect-free, or against infringement of intellectual property rights. Insight SiP customers agree to indemnify and defend Insight SiP against all claims, damages, costs and expenses that may be incurred, including without any limitation, attorney fees and costs, due to the use of products.